Sunday, April 26, 2015

Eclipse and Robotech

There's a guy who comes into the local shop every saturday with eclipse and some extra house rules which add a battleship, hives that constantly make more aliens, and a slight economic boost at the beginning among other things. It was just my luck that my small, two solar system empire would immediately uncover an alien hive but by the end of the game i was dealt with and i ahd carved out quite an empire for myself. 



After our game of Eclipse i busted out the Robotech models i had finished for a game. The forces for the Zentraedi were 6 Regults, a Quel-Regult, a Quel-Gulnau, and a Glaug all vs my 2 Valkyries and my Tomahawk which was disguised as a Mad Dog. 



The ammo Dump in the picture below was the objective of the game so my Valkyries flew around each side of the rock formation while my Tomahawk burned command points to haul ass across the table. Unfortunately this didn't leave enough command points for my Valkyrie on the right side of the rocks to dodge. At least the VF-1J killed the Gluag with two bursts from his GU-11.



Once the Tomahawk was in position the VF-1j went into battleoid mode and threw out covering fire from the rocks while the Tomahawk laid down the hurt with his big guns. All the Zentraedi we're eliminated but they didn't go down without a fight. I lost 1 VF-1A and the VF-1J only had one structure point left while the Tomahawk was down to 5. If the Zentaedi had won the initiative i would have been toast.



No comments:

Post a Comment